Ambassador H.E. Barbara Chepaitis
A Writer’s Day:
1) Walk the dogs – DOGS ARE FILLED WITH JOY!
2) Feed dogs, who are FILLED WITH JOY!
3) Call Department of Defense CENTCOM, to find out how to get a blind owl into the US. Yeah. Really. They are not FILLED WITH JOY.
4) E-mail various other Department of Defense facilities about said blind owl.
5) Take 5 minutes to growl about why owl rescue is so COMPLICATED and not filled with joy.
6) Go to store for bread. Cogitate two novels and one screenplay. Wait. Wait. I know the answer to one. I KNOW IT! EPIPHANY. GREAT JOY! HUMANS ARE FILLED WITH JOY!
7) Go home and lose self inside writing.
8) Aaaah. Pure bliss.
Have a nice day
Dear colleague Ambassador of the Republic of Uzupis
I’m sorry if my english is poor, I only speak Italian. This text was translated with Google translator.
Last year I promoted an exchange of 200 Mailart among pupils (aged 9 to 16 years) of 4 schools in the town of Saronno with peers from 2 schools Uzupis / Vilnius. We have sent the envelopes in December and young Lithuanians have responded in the month of February, with their mailart.
See movie http://www.pierodasaronno.eu/released/programma.aspx?ID_Programma=2534
This year we want to repeat , we would like to involve other young people of other City with Official Uzupio Embassies offices .
The goal is to raise awareness among their the boys using the Mailart as a means to communicate. The painting on the envelope expresses the concept that want to communicate with their peers . The painting above the limit of the differences of languages.
Our boys are already working on the second edition of the exchange. Our young people will be prepared to forward Mailart in the middle of the month of December; to gratify the boys , in November , I organize a public exhibition under the patronage of the Mayor of Saronno and UNICEF located in Saronno .
So we’ll do with the mailart that we will receive from your kids .
My dream is to do a large network among young people, as it is in the uzupian spirit.
Can you contact the teachers of a school in your town ?
Can you ask if they have the pleasure of participating in the exchange ?
We have about 350 mailart and plan to split proportionally between the schools participating .
In addition to the 2 schools of Vilnius / Uzupis we hope to be able to exchange with at least one of your City .
So shall ye: some at 6 schools in Saronno, some to the other Cities.
Let me know postal addresses of the schools, the total number of mailart you send in Saronno and the name of the contact person who adheres to the international project.
I hope that this initiative will like it and you share.
Thanks for your attention.
Embassy of Uzupis headquarters Saronno – Italy
Gian Paolo Terrone